Tips for traveling as a large family group.
As you travel you often see large family groups traveling together. If you haven’t experienced this, or have and it has not gone well here are some tips for traveling with family. Having recently done this, and done it often here is what I suggest.
1. Being the grandparent in the group (and the oldest) does not make you the one in charge. Let everyone have a say in what activities and food choices are made each day. Often the children in the group have strong opinions on food choices, listen to them, go along, eating pizza several times in one week will not kill you.
2. Discuss finances before you leave. It is better to have this worked out before the first check arrives at a meal and there is an awkward moment., or resentment if someone has to pick up the entire check and did not plan on it.
3. Give everyone their space. Traveling together does not mean spending every minute together. If someone wants to opt out of an activity honor their requests and don’t feel the rest of the group needs to change their plans.
4. Make sure wherever you are staying has adequate space. Having several people sleeping in the same room will lead to disaster. Ensure everyone has their own sleeping space. Especially important for children and grandparents who tend to get cranky without enough sleep.
5. Bring along some simple games everyone can play, or buy a new game to enjoy. There is always the chance of a rainy day.
6. Leave family conflicts and differences at home, relax and enjoy each other’s company.
This Blog was Written by Georgia Bergan. She’s a certified Grandmother and Veteran traveler with many Multi Generational experiences. Do you want to get away with your big family and need help?
Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org